Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Goal is the Boston Marathon


2009 is going to be the year I "officially" pursue the goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. After almost 5 years of running, I believe I have achieved a point where I can realistically consider a "BQ". It will take many miles of training, good health, avoiding injury, some luck and the many, many friends, runners and non-runners, who will motivate me toward my goal.

I have selected the Mohawk-Hudson Marathon on October 11, 2009 as my qualifying race.

Please visit my new blog "My Goal is the Boston Marathon". Just click on the title for the link.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I had not idea you've only been running for five years! I would have thought it was more like FOREVER!!

Jim said...

Sometimes it seems like forever! I started with the WRAP training in March of 2004. I've taken it in small steps to get where I am now. Patience is the key.

ShirleyPerly said...

Best of luck, Jim! Look forward to following your journey to Boston.

FatManRun said...

Go for it Jim! I'll be looking for you!